The results of my 400 meter challenge to run under 60 seconds are in. And the result is I withdrew due to my hamstring injury. I wrote about how I hurt my left hamstring while doing my first attempt at the coveted 60 seconds. I overextended myself on that attempt and for the last week and a half, I’ve been on the mend, recovering from injury.
So that is the result of my attempt – there was no attempt yesterday to try and make the time. Just a withdrawal from the challenge and failing it. The lessons learned are thus:
- If you are injured, or feeling an injury, the top priority is getting better
- In order to avoid injury in the future, focus on strength and flexibility continuously
These two simple lessons for my body are what I take with me after this challenge. Everyone knows to exercise. But not everyone knows it through painful experience at a young age. I’m thankful for that.
I’m not sure what my next challenge is going to be. But I will post it when that time comes. As always, I send my love and care to you, whoever you are reading this. It means the world to me if you took the time to come to my website and read a few of my words. Thanks for stopping by!
- 400 Meters in Under 60 Seconds Update – Hamstring!
- Get Around People Who Challenge You
- Why You Should Do Public Speaking
- Starting a New 15 Day Challenge – 400 Meters in Under 60 Seconds